♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday, August 10th

19 days and counting! Mike is here, and so is Pearl. She doesn't care much for me or mom at first, but then when she gets used to us, she still doesn't care much for mom, but she loves me for some strange reason.

Danielle's blog looks so cool. And I'm not saying it because I helped her do it. It's just that Danielle is one of the only people who would put pink, green and purple together. I like those colors together, myself, although her header is a little blinding at first glance. I just like it. . When I was changing Danielle's colors, I kept calling her back, asking specific questions. Like for the text, she wanted Hot Pink. Well, there are 4 different shades of Hot Pink. In the end she decided on like, Fuschia 1. While I asked Danielle which colors she wanted, Cindy just looked at me and said: "How do you know all this??". I just read a lot. I read articles online, and while I was looking thru the template, I saw stuff like this:

/* links
----------------------------------------------- */
a {
color: #CD00CD;
font-weight: bold;
}

a:hover {
color: #800080;
}

Ok then, so...

/* links <---this means that you are messin with links...
----------------------------------------------- */
a {
color: #CD00CD; <---this lets you change the color. just change the number with a number that you know stands for a different color. And the # is necessary. If it says color, that means that it changes a color somewhere. I found that it's wise not to save the changes made to the template until you know what you have changed.

font-weight: bold; <---This is the thickness of the letters in the link. There is bold, italic, bold italic, and regular.
}

a:hover {
color: #800080; <---This is for the color of the links when you just hold your mouse/cursor over them.
}


Now you know part of what goes through my mind when I look at things. Most of the Blogger template can be changed with ease if you just look at it logically. Did you know that there are 15.7 million colors in a normal Hexadecimal Color Chart? For those of you who know a little something about HTML, here's a great chart that has a ton of colors, and is very easy to use. For those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, check it out anyways. Each color is represented with a 6 letter/number combination. For example: #FF00FF is Fuschia. White is either #FFFFFF or #000000. So yeah, you learn something new every day, and you get the picture. Here is the link.

Color Chart

And for those of you who want to know how to do HTML, here's an "interactive tutorial"

Dave's HTML Code Guide

I haven't really learned anything all summer, and it's killing me. So it's nice to think that I'm teaching or helping someone get the info to learn how to do something new. Case Closed is almost on, so yeah, I'm gonna go watch that, and then go to bed. I'm out.
glitter graphics

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Netter said…

    Tell Mike that his butt better be at My parents new house for Christmas this year and he better have Anna with him...that's what I call Pearl. No excuses...I want to meet that little bugger and I would love to see Mike again...its been years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home