♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

I decided to bank at the bank that is two blocks away from me, that way I could walk there from my house and not need a ride when I wanted to do stuff at the bank. Well, it's not open on Saturday.. I forgot that, lol. I walked there, I mean, it's beautiful out, so why wouldn't I? Yeah, like I said before, the bank was closed. But there was a little group of stores there, so I wandered around since I was out there anyways. There's a A Cut Above haircut place, Pizza Shuttle, Claflin Books and Copies: which is a bookstore, and a gas station. So I went into the book store thinking that if I couldn't find a book I liked, I would stop in at the A Cut Above and get a trim. It is a nice little bookstore. I didn't find anything until I was walking out. It's called The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Here's what the back of the book reads:

This stunning novel begins on a winter night in 1964, when a blizzard forces Dr. David Henry to deliver his own twins. His son, born first, is perfectly healthy, but the doctor immediately recognizes that his daughter has Down syndrome. For motives he tells himself are good, he makes a split-second decision that will haunt all their lives forever. He asks his nurse, Caroline, to take the baby away to an institution. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child as her own.

So yeah, this book sounds like a great book, and it was 25% off because it was under the bestsellers section. So that made the price go from 14 to around 10. If anyone has read this book, let me know what you thought about it. And Cindy, I know when you read this blog you are going to want to read the book if you haven't already. If you want to read it after I'm done, I will bring it when I find a day to come back to visit mom when she gets home.

Labels:

glitter graphics

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I read that book and loved it. It was very good.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Netter said…

    I bought that a while back and sent it to Cindy I think...either that or I just recommended it. Let me see if I have my copy...OH, wait, I DO! I'll send it to you as long as you send it to one of my friends when you are done with it. I'll enclose thier address. Let me know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home