♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Thursday, November 03, 2005

They came for me on Tuesday night...

Yeah. The cops came to talk to me because Eric told them that I stole the tower for his computer.

Well, first of all, I went down to Waneta's office right after I got off of work at 5 to talk to her about a few problems I was having; a little homesickness, a little bit overwhelmed, and I felt like Eric was becoming an enemy instead of the friend he said he could be. She was very supportive, and after I had been in there a while, I felt so much better. In fact, I still feel better. As I was about to leave, she told me that she needed someone to work at the front desk on every other weekend, and every Friday. I asked her if she was kidding, and she said no. So, now I have two jobs. Right now I'm at the Library, with all of my work finished until someone else comes in.

Anyways, about the whole Eric thing. To sum it up, here is what happened:

~ He brought back my Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Disc back with a medium to large sized crack in it between the time I left for work and the time I got home.

~ When I got home from work around 5:00, I dropped my stuff off, and looked at the disc. Seeing that it had a crack in it, and I was going to Waneta's office, I brought it with me to see if I could do anything about it.

~ When I got to Waneta's office, we talked quite a bit, and I told her about most if not all of the problems I have been having. I decided then to leave my computer as it is, and not have him fix it anymore...I thought it would be a welcome gesture for him, since he bitched about fixing my computer all the time.

~ After I got my PowerPoint homework finished, I sent an email to him saying:

"I will not be needing your services for my computer anymore. I am going to leave it as it is at the moment. I will buy a new Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction disc."

~ I got a reply that generally stated that he knew the disc wasn't cracked when he brought it back, Adam (I have no idea who Adam is) had three Diablo discs, and he must have gotten it mixed up.

~ He came up to my apartment not too long after that, maybe an hour, I'm not sure. He asked for the disc so he could replace it. I figured if he wanted the disc to replace it or do whatever to it, what was I losing if he didn't return it? a broken disc.

~ I told him that I was not going to send my motherboard back in to the company to replace it, or buy a new power supply and that I was going to leave the computer as it is. He told me that I would have to sign a Liability waiver stating that if I left the computer as is, he is not responsible for the repairs afterwards. Well, according to him and a contract I have never seen, that would mean that if I wanted it repaired, I would have to pay him, or not have it repaired till a year was up, because I couldn't get anyone else to open the case, or the computer would be forfeit and I would have to return the computer and I would have to pay HIM money. I told him that if he brought up the liability waiver, I would look at it, but I wasn't guaranteeing that I would sign it.

~ He continued to tell me that I needed to send back the motherboard and buy a power supply. He also starts it off as "What you want to do is..." so I said, "What I want is for you to leave my apartment and leave me alone" I didn't scream or get upset or anything, much to the dismay of my roommates and Denise... I had to repeat that I wanted him to get out of the apartment and leave me alone.

~ He stormed off telling me that I was going to be seeing his lawyer.

~ Later, he came back, saying that he was going to take the computer to fix it. I walked over in front of the computer and I told him that he wasn't taking it. He protested just a little and told me that he just wanted to fix it, and why was I doing this. I picked up the phone, called Waneta, and told her of the situation. She wanted to talk to Eric. After she talked to him, he left.

~ It was pretty quiet the rest of the night, until around midnight.

~ Someone was knocking at the door, and my roommate was freaking out because she didn't know the person. So I answered the door to find that there were 3 cops...and they were looking for me.

~ They told me that Eric was upstairs on the 4th floor, he came back down to his room, and his tower was gone, and that he suspected me. If I hadn't talked away my inner problems that day, I probably would have cried. The officer told me that he just wanted to take down my information in case Eric wanted them to write up a report about all this. I gave him my info, and he told me that I would be listed as a suspect, which really isn't a big deal considering the tower that Eric said I stole from him is the one that my mom paid him to make. I told the officers this also, and pointed towards the computer, which is now locked up somewhere. They couldn't understand why he would say I stole it if I didn't steal it. My theory is that he is mad at me, and he thinks that they will be on his side, see the computer there, and make problems for me.

Well guess what? It didn't create problems for me, it made my night a little more exciting. I would not want it to happen again, but it wasn't bad because I knew, and I think they knew that I didn't steal the computer. Also, I have a choice to go to either Arenacross, which I can get credits in a class of mine to go to, or to the Fall Formal. They are both on the same night, so I have to decide which to go by tomorrow. Thats all for now, Cya..
glitter graphics

4 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Netter said…

    WHAT A LITTLE PRICK!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Michelle you really ought to look into getting the college to talk to Eric about leaving you alone. Make sure that when something does happen that you document it. Keep a journal and date each entry. Also do not have any contact with him. If you have to have contact, make sure that there is a witness. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ALONE WITH HIM. DO NOT SIGN THAT CONTRACT. You do not owe him anything, nor do you have to let him fix anything on that computer. I think that the reason he does not want anyone to look at it is because they will find out that he royally ripped you off. He is lucky that you have not taken him to court. He does not have a legal leg to stand on, however mom has the reciept of the money order that she gave him. If you do have to have contact try to keep your cool. It sounds like he is going off the deep end a little and that kind of scares me. Do not go out at night without anyone with you. I do not want to scare you, but just keep your wits about you and talk to the dean of student housing about the problem if you have to. I am so proud of how you are handling this very stressful situation. He can not take your pride or self esteem unless you let him and believe me he is not worth it. You are a wonderful person with so much to offer. You do not need someone like him to drag you down. Chin up and take care! I love you!@

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger denise said…

    i got some built up anger i would like to let out on him lol just let me know if u need me sis. i have been waiting to do that for a LONG time lol :D

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Chelie said…

    and believe me, I'm not letting him take my self-esteem anymore. After I talked with the person I talked to, I felt so much better about myself. When he was over at the apartment trying to get me to let him take the computer/send in the motherboard, I didn't have to force myself to not let him get to me, I just acted like I thought I should.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home