♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Friday, December 16, 2005

A few things about Iowa

Ok, there are a few things about Iowa that I'd like to share with you. Tell me if any of these things are true about any other states.

1. Some eggs are called "Double Yolkers" because they have not one, but two yolks. (I threw two eggs out because I thought they were mutated. Come to find out the whole carton was full of double yolkers)

2. I cannot rent videos/games at the Hollywood Video or Family Video, because I don't have a valid Iowa Drivers license. (Like I'm going to drive 4 and a half hours from Kansas to Des Moines just to rent one of their damn games and drive back and never give it back, or not return it on time.) (Eric and I were in the store...He's from Nebraska, so we used one of his friend's accounts.)

3. (I think this one is Des Moines, not Iowa in general.) It is not a complete day unless you have seen/read about/heard about a car accident. (Some guy in a dump truck (I think) ran off a bridge accidentally while it was snowing.)

4. Everybody wears their seatbelts (this one isn't a bad thing). It's just something that not always happens. And when I say everybody I mean everybody, and not because their parents or the driver of the car makes them.

5. Nobody can drive well in Des Moines. (Maybe this is why everybody wears their seatbelts...)

6. People look at you funny if you say you've never been to major stores/restraunts{I'm having a moment where I can't think of the way to spell that word that means a place to eat.} (Like Toys 'R Us, Younkers, Perkins, Gordmans, etc...etc...)

7. Almost everyone holds the door open for other people, even strangers. (Like if I was walking behind someone, and holding the door open for me meant standing there for like 3 or 4 extra seconds, they'd do it.)

8. FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL!!! EVEN ON THE 4TH OF JULY!!! (But everyone still does them.

Well, I can't think of any at the moment, but I probably will sooner or later.
glitter graphics

3 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Netter said…

    Every state is a little different....but here are ny thoughts:
    #1) heard of then...eaten them.
    #2) This is typical of just about all chains. If you have a card from the state you have your drivers lisc. in, and you are a student, as long as they have all your infromation they will usually let you rent.
    #3 and 5)Isn't that everywhere? The more cars you have, the chances of having more bad drivers goes up...plus accidents happen. If you think that its bad there...try the tri-state area. I swear, when ever I am driving its always the Jersey drivers that cause the biggest mess.
    4) I think Iowa has had the seat belt law longer than Kansas and Nebraska. I always wear mine too...out of habit. I have had people in Nebraska ask me if I think they are bad drivers, just because i put on my seatbelt to go downtown...a whole 8 or 10 blocks.
    6) You small town girl you...you must be from the sticks...or Kansas, same diff. lol
    7)That is called manners. I have always held the door for strangers. I expect a thank you from them and if they march threw the door like I'm their servant or something I always make a loud, Your WELCOME comment. You should see the people out here that think its a law that you should do nice things for them and get nothing in return. A smile would be nice. This is one of those pass it forward kind of things...its the little things in life that add up fast.
    8) They are illegal here too. O think you can get snakes or maybe sparklers but that is it. It sucks. That is probably the only reason I like Missouri...you can legally blow up lots of stuff in that state.

    That was a very interesting blog. I like it when I can make lots of useless coments that nobody wants to read anyway. Later Gator!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Chelie said…

    Hey, I wanted to know!

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger denise said…

    that egg one is great lol ha ha ha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home