♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Havent been blogging much...

But that's because I haven't been here much. I was over at Denise's for a few days, playing Dungeons and Dragons with Billy, Denise and Teala. I love that game. You make characters decide what they do. It's like a game on the Playstation, only without controllers and limitations. Denise, Teala and I are all such goofs, it's a wonder that Billy doesn't just retire from D & D altogether lol. Billy has been playing the game much more than we have, so hes the DM, or Dungeon Master. The DM serves as a person who organizes everything, sets up battles, and gives us the few limitations we have. Denise bought about 40 chickens. You learn a lot in this game. We didn't know what "crampons" were. So we looked it up, and they are spikes you put on your shoes for mountain climbing. Or what a "Capon" is....its a bird. We actually happened upon a site describing their taste. Disturbing.

So anyways. The reason my mom hasn't been blogging is because I've been away. She still doesn't quite have the hang of it.

Yesterday I got back from Cindy's. Sadly enough for me and Cindy, we played Harry Potter for 7 hours on Sunday. Danielle was keeping track. The only reason we played that long is this: Cindy wanted me to help her fight Voldemort at the end of the game. When she got on the game she was playing, her progress had been lost. Therefore, we had to start almost at the beginning of the game to get to Voldemort. We still didn't beat the game. He is a hard boss to fight. Danielle was also playing with tin foil. That was a hoot. Bella made me break a nail. I don't blame her, because it was my fault, it happened when I was playing with her, and my fingernail got caught on the rope we were playing with. That dog tries to mount Cindy's cats. Again, disturbing.

Monday we ripped up Cindy's carpet. Danielle called Cindy "The Incredible Hulk", because of the way she was ripping up the carpet. It was funny, but Cindy didn't seem too thrilled. My back hurt a little after helping them wash the hardwood floor, but it's nothing too bad, and I could have quit anytime, so it's my own fault. Danielle organized the kitchen while her mom was gone yesterday, and I came out and decided to do a few dishes. Danielle helped me, and we got supper because of it. Cindy almost cried when she got home, she couldn't believe it.

I am about ready to go and clean my room in a few minutes.

Also, Annette and her talk of funnel cakes has made me crave them even more than I have been lately, so I found a recipe and my mom and I are going to make them later today...after her Soap Operas. Here is a link to go to for the funnel cakes, for citing purposes.

FUNNEL CAKE
3-4 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar (for topping)
vegetable oil (for deep frying - heat to 375 degrees)
Beat the eggs, then add the sugar and milk. Sift 2 cups of flour, the salt, and the baking powder and add to the milk, sugar, and egg mixture.

Mix while adding more flour until the batter is smooth and not too thick. The funnel should have an opening of at least 1/2 inch and be able to hold around a cup of batter. Put your finger over the bottom and add about a cup of batter. Remove your finger and allow the batter to pour into the center of the oil. Be careful, the oil may splash!

Gradually swirl the batter outward in a circular motion, or criss-cross back and forth to make a cake about 7 or 8 inches round.

We used to draw our initials to personalize our cakes! Check it with a pair of tongs and turn it when the bottom becomes golden brown.

When both sides are done, remove with tongs and let it drip on a paper towel.

Funnel cake is often served with powdered sugar on top. You could also use molasses, maple syrup, or fruit preserves.

Enjoy!

Submitted by: Robin Moniz



***Sidenote*** Heat the oil up to about 375 degrees, and put about 2 1/2 cups of oil in the pan. We didn't use a deep fryer for it, we just used a really deep pan. They came out so good, Holly even wanted the recipe. It makes a lot.
glitter graphics

3 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Netter said…

    How is it that I mentioned that I wanted the funnel cakes and you actually got to eat them...NOT FAIR! lol...sheesh! Thanks for the recipe though.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Chelie said…

    ive been craving those all year. It was sheer coincidence that we had all the ingredients for it.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    THANKS A BUNCH. I guess Denise will have to fight Voldmort for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home