♥ I Like To Bite The Ears Off...


~*Just your average blog!*~


Monday, July 06, 2009

Another Update

So, I am living with Sean as of right now, we are moving into an apartment that is across the hall from a few of our friends, so that ought to be fun/interesting. As far as it goes, I am doing pretty good. I still have my job at Alorica, which makes it 2 years and 4 months so far. No promotions or anything like that, I don't really want any position other than what I have now. I am on a new team again, and I have met a lot of nice people, mostly people who are newer to the Alorica team.

Sean started college classes again, and seems to be doing well in them, I am doing all I can to try to make it less stressful at home since he has work and school now, on top of having to move. I really hope it's helping at least a little...

As far as health goes, I am going to see a new doctor, I have met him once, and he has me on a Gluten Free diet to see if I may have Celiac Sprue. It is basically an allergy or an intolerance to gluten, which is found in wheat. So, as of Thursday of last week, I am on that gluten free (GF) diet. It's really not that bad, I can eat meat, dairy, vegetables, fruit, eggs, and most beverages, as long as its not beer, or malt liquor, which I don't drink anyways. Only one problem, I may be lactose and fructose intolerant (milk and certain kinds of fruit). But, sometimes the GF diet can help those two things. It may also be able to help with the migraines I get frequently, and headaches as well. So far, I have been feeling great on the diet, I've been getting normal feelings/signs from dairy, but not pain almost every day. This Thursday is when I'm going back to see if it might be, and if it is, where do I go from here to figure out definitely; or if it isn't, what else it could be.
Part of me is hoping it is, because it's been a year suffering through this, and it is a solution that, honestly, I think I can handle. Sure, I will be limited in the food I can eat, but I've always been picky, I would just have a legitimate reason to be picky. Also, if I do have Celiac, and I don't stay on the GF diet, it can increase the chance for stomach cancer. Another downside, though minor to the previous one, is that if the GF diet is working for me, I could start gaining weight due to my body being able to absorb foods that I couldn't before.
Another part of me is hoping that it's not because of the risks and the diet, but it would mean possibly more blood tests, more stool samples, and more money wasted on something they can't find a solution for. I'm still paying off the colonoscopy...

Ironically, despite the health issues/possible solution to health issues, I am feeling better than ever, I am also... happy. It feels weird to be happy. I am trying my hardest not to get down about a possible life long GF diet, but if it makes me feel the way I have been feeling in the last few days... then I may stay on the diet even if I don't have Celiac.

Goodbye crispy chicken, cocoa puffs, regular pasta, pancakes, buns on hamburgers...
Hello pain free days, amazing GF brownies, decent GF pizza, and improving on my cooking skills because I will have to make most things from scratch!

I'll update when I have more information. I may be researching into this too soon... but what is too soon when it comes to my health?

Labels: , , ,

glitter graphics

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home